Saturday, October 17, 2009

weekend in Ambato

This weekend is nice and relaxing. Last night I went out with all of the Worldteach Ambato volunteers to eat shawarma (it was actually really good) and then drink hot wine at a cute little bar in town. It was really nice to relax at the end of the week and listen to a little shakira.

Today, I went with my host sisters and some of their friends to parque de la familia, a park at the top of quisapincha hill outside of the city. I was so excited to see wide open spaces. and of course I brought a frisbee so I was a happy camper. However, it turns out that my host sisters and their friends were terrified of my frisbee. I tossed it towards them and they would shreek and back away. ´"doesn´t it hurt your hands?" omg. Thank god Kat (a volunteer from Texas) was there to throw with me, I would have been so dissapointed.

We returned to my house to eat lunch and swim in our pool. yes we have a pool. i´m pretty sure I´m the only worldteach volunteer ever, to have a pool in my host family´s house. So we relaxed the pool/hot tub all afternoon. I love weekends.

Another reason to celebrate is the fact that I´m writing this email FROM MY HOME!!! we now have INTERNET in our house!!! ahhhhhhhhh this is the most exciting thing since the rice I had for lunch today (and the day before and the day before) I can now update my blog without paying 90 cents an hour. (i realize it doesnt sound like that much, but when you´re American and you feel the need to check your email... and talk to your boyfriend... as much as I do, it adds up) so hopefully this means i´ll be able to blog more often. Shavuah Tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment