As much as I love my host mom, I simply cannot handle Ecuadorian food anymore. It´s been some time that I´ve been in food withdrawal, but I simply cannot take another day.
Breakfast usually consists of bread with cheese and fruit juice. On the rare days that there is something different, it is a fried egg with french fries or a fried egg with rice.
Lunch always consists of a soup that contains potatoes and meat, and then a heaping plate of rice with something. That something is either a meat stew, a potatoe salad or (the worst option) overcooked pasta with an oily sauce.
Dinner is either leftovers from lunch or bread with cheese (again).
I actually can´t take it anymore. I have gotten into the habit of picking up an ice cream on the way to my afternoon class to forget about the lunch I just had.
The Atkins diet has never sounded so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment