Monday, November 2, 2009

Trucha!





This weekend I was supposed to go to Cuenca for their independence day festivities. But I came down with a fever on wednesday and was not better enough by friday to go. :( At first, I was not happy about staying home for a four day weekend, but it proved to be some nice family bonding time. My sister Alexandra was also sick so we hung out and watched movies in Spanish. Today, we took a family trip to Rio Negro (outside of Banos) to go fishing! We caught trout with bamboo fishing poles. Then my host dad built a fire and we cooked them right next to the river! It was delicious. I realized that I didn't have a picture of my family on my blog, so here it is! My parents are Marcia and Luis, and my sisters Monica, Alexandra, Michele and Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment