Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We got mustarded!

Jenny and I almost got robbed today. We were walking to our conference hotel when this woman asked us what time it was. I quickly told her the time and continued walking. When we reached the hotel 1 minute later, a man pointed out that Jenny and I had mustard all over our backpacks and the back of our pants. It was then that I noticed the woman who had asked us the time standing next to the hotel entrance. As the man started to offer us napkins to clean up the mustard we bolted into the hotel. We had been warned about this kind of robbery during orientation. If we had been naive enough to think that this man passing by just happened to have napkins on him to clean up random mustard, that woman would have stolen our backpacks. Luckily we were right in front of our destination, I don't think these theives anticipated that. So Jenny and I escaped into the safety of the hotel with all of our belongings, but smelling like mustard. ew. for anyone traveling in South America, beware of anyone who tells you that you happen to have mustard all over your back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment