This week, we, the volunteers of world teach are offering a free two week English course to practice our teaching and lesson planning skills. I´m teaching an intermediate class yesterday, today and tomorrow at 7 AM. that means I have to leave my house to get to the school at 6:00. Which means I wake up at 5:30 for these three days. Ew. But so far, my lessons have gone.. ok. I planned my lesson around the fact that I would have a class of around 20 people. There are twenty people signed up for my class, but only 3 showed up the first day, and 4 the second day. If it were a free English at 7 am, I wouldn´t show up either, unless I was very committed. Today we learned some vocabulary about traveling and tomorrow we´re going to learn "leavin on a jet plane" by John Denver. (if I can make it through the class without crying...) then we´re going to do some role playing and see what my students would do if they had to go away for a long time and leave a loved one behind....
anyway, that´s enough of my brainstorming lesson plans on my blog. the point is, that so far, I´m loving Ecuador. This afternoon, there´s a chance that I might meet up with some ultimate players for some pick up. That would absolutely make my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment