Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shout out from the New York Times!

Check out this article!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/opinion/11kristof.html?emc=eta1

It gives a shout out to both WorldTeach and Quito!!! we're so cool. Changing the world, that's how we roll!

I have started my second semester of teaching, and so far so good. I really like my students. So far they are very well behaved. I just gave them their first quiz today, so hopefully they did well.

I'm anxiously awaiting to hear from graduate schools so I can see where I end up next year. So far, I have gotten into Boston University. Yay! but I haven't heard from anywhere else yet. So we're 1 for 1! I'll keep you updated.

Otherwise, everything in Ecuador is ok. My best friend in Ambato just left for the states this morning. :( She had been here for two years through WorldTeach and it was time to go home. But she will be sorely missed. We felt two earthshakes shortly after the big one in Chile. For me, that was petrifying. It was my first earthquake and it woke me up at 5:30 on a saturday because my bed was shaking. But there was no damage here and everything is fine.

That's all for now. Hope all is well back home! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment